The Castle Point Anime Convention is a student-run Japanese animation and media convention in Secaucus, NJ. Founded in 2008, the purpose of the convention is to provide quality programming and social opportunities for anime and manga fans, while also providing event management and industry relations experience to our staff.
Started by Stevens Institute of Technology Student Keith Cassidy, the convention started small, with only around 400 attendees, and has quickly grown in size to 4,000 attendees. This is primarily due to the major lack of anime conventions in the New York City metropolitan area, but can also be attributed to the quality of our event, which we have strived to improve every year. Despite being entirely student-run, CPAC is operated like any other convention: with a hierarchy of dedicated and enthusiastic staff, all of whom contribute a lot of time toward the success of the convention. We focus on being family-friendly (not to mention just friendly in general) and providing a social space that fans can come to and enjoy.
Our humble convention has grown so much that we have outgrown the college campus that was our home for the past ten years. As of the 2018 convention, we are moving to a real convention center and expanding to a full two day convention. We’re very excited to have come this far, and we hope to continue to provide quality content to our fellow Japanese media fans.
This press kit should provide some basic information about CPAC and its history. We hope it is useful and gives insight into what CPAC is and what we hope it will be in the future.
Convention Chairman, 2017-2018
At a Glance
- Located in Secaucus, New Jersey, at the Meadowlands Exposition Center and Holiday Inn Meadowlands
- Founded in 2008, making 2019 its twelfth year
- Operated by the Anime Critics United Inc., which is a company formed in 2017 by the Stevens Anime Club of the Stevens Institute of Technology (with some graduate and alumni assistance)
- Almost 4000 attendees in the most recent year
- This is the number of unique attendees that attended the convention, as calculated from ticket sales.
- Warm Bodies
- This is the number of all individuals at the convention, including attendees, artists and vendors, panelists and guests, press, and staff.
Note: years marked as “0” are those at which the specific attendance figure was not recorded.
Logos and Assets
Note: All assets are Copyright © 2008-2017 Castle Point Anime Convention, and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. All logos are to be used in accordance with United States trademark law.